AUDIENCE: Everything comes back to this in the end; all decisions need to be justifiable with reference to target audience. Remember you can split up and discuss the audience (type) in many ways:
- primary (main; core), secondary
- mainstream (eg a family audience!), niche
- four quadrant (really a film term - say so if using it - but still a useful concept)
- ABC1C2DE (socio-economic groups: high to low incomes, where ABC1s are targeted with complex, sophisticated media productions and C2DEs with simpler, less sophisticated productions; your range may be any range within this, eg C1C2DE for a gameshow with ANY element of sophistication or audience (intellectual) challenge
- sophisticated, upmarket (ABC1) and tabloid, downmarket (C2DE) is another way of describing these
- Uses and gratifications model!!! Also vital for...